Monday, March 26, 2007

The Best $15.00 Bargain in Mushing

Mush with P.R.I.D.E. has a well earned reputation for their work in the political arena, especially in fighting Dept. of Agriculture regulations that could have made it impossible or at least very inconvenient for dog mushers to maintain healthy kennels. That alone is worthy of support, and is why I recently decided to spend the vast sum of $15.00 to join up.

Today I received my membership packet, and I am very favorably impressed. Included in the membership packet are three booklets that are, in and of themselves, WELL worth the price of dues.

The Mush with P.R.I.D.E. Sled Dog First Aid Manual is concisely written, yet provides the necessary information to deal with just about any canine emergency you can imagine (and some you pray you never see). I'm a paramedic by trade, and a pretty good one at that, but just skimming the manual I learned things I didn't know before, and you can bet I'll be giving it some pretty serious study as soon as I can.

Their Equipment Safety Guidelines and Sled Dog Care Guidelines are widely quoted by mushers throughout the United States and Canada and seem to be based on lots of experience and common sense.

So, if you are a dog musher, whether skijoring with a single dog, running a small rec team, or racing at any level, I would highly recommend you join up. It's the best $15.00 bargain a musher, especially a beginning musher such as myself, might encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment