Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Complications...

It seems like everyone I know is being plagued by complications lately. Aliy Zirkle's Iditarod race is one example. Due to a rash of shoulder injuries to her dogs, she is no longer in serious competition. With only 8 dogs on the gang line, she is trying to make it to the finish line.

I've had to deal with some complications of my own. For example, while arranging shipment of the new Hedlund husky pups from Dillingham, I've learned that the only air carrier that can ship them into Fairbanks is Alaska Airlines, and the price will be steep, almost $500.00. I can have them flown to Anchorage for only $55.00, but then must drive 7 hours down to pick them up, and another 7 hours to return home. Essentially I can either spend the money, or spend the time. It is a complicated decision.

Sometimes even folks who try to live simply end up with uncontrollable factors complicating our decisions. All we can do is sort them out as simply as we can, and know that things will get back to normal sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment