Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunrise During the Golden Season


Although the equinox marks the "official" start of fall, we are enjoying the most beautiful part of autumn here in Alaska's interior. The photo above depicts this morning's brilliant sunrise, and the photo below shows there really is gold in them thar hills.



The nights are growing longer by 7 minutes each day and according to the forecast we can expect some cooler temperatures later this week.

We are now in the middle of the general moose hunting season and of course I'm stuck at my place of employment, making it unlikely that I'll be able to put any lean, healthy moose meat in my own freezer. There are a lot of folks out in the woods, though. Apparently there has been a healthy success rate thus far.

Meanwhile, at my place of employment everything is "routine", just the way we like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment