Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ibuprofen, The Breakfast of Champions

I used to believe the advertisement that "Wheaties is the breakfast of champions". That may or may not be true, but today Ibuprofen is the breakfast of Swanny. I wish I could remember what I might have done to make my lower back ache so this morning. I'm sure I twisted or turned wrong while running the dogs yesterday.

I suppose it doesn't matter much. What matters is that today I'll run errands in town rather than run dogs. It will actually work out better if I do so. Lynn O has her own errands to run today, and without the help of a handler in the basket I'd have to run my team on the four-wheeler. By waiting until tomorrow I give my back a chance to feel better (which makes me a more patient and therefore more effective trainer) PLUS I can run the teams on the sled rather than the machine.

After all, if the dogs were supposed to be dragging the machine around the woods we'd call them "four-wheeler dogs" rather than "sled dogs".

No comments:

Post a Comment