Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New Responsibilities - Mush with P.R.I.D.E.

I'm back at my place of employment and getting settled into the routine of protecting the pipeline from the ravages of crime, terrorism and disease.

For quite some time now I have been actively involved with Mush with P.R.I.D.E. I am delighted to announce that I have been elected to a seat on the Mush with P.R.I.D.E. Board of Directors. Much of my down time has been spent reviewing files to catch up on board activities so I can 'hit the trail a runnin' and be prepared to assume my duties.

P.R.I.D.E. stands for "Providing Responsible Information on a Dog’s Environment." Since 1991 Mush with P.R.I.D.E. has been addressing concerns about the care of sled dogs and public perceptions of mushing. To address some of these concerns, P.R.I.D.E. developed sled dog care and equipment guidelines. We instituted a voluntary kennel inspection program and created an email list to facilitate communication among dog mushers whose main concern is treatment and care of sled dogs. P.R.I.D.E. guidelines have frequently been used by other groups and agencies when determining responsible dog care and kennel husbandry standards.


No comments:

Post a Comment