Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cool Package in the Mail

I'm home from my place of employment, though this R&R will be shorter than most due to work related training requirements. It's hard to believe that it's already "alphabet soup" time again, but here it is.

When I checked my post office box this morning I found a package from Dave Lukosik. Dave follows this blog, and he also posts frequently and eloquently on the Alaskan Husky Behavior forum, a great site for those interested in the behavioral quirks of all dogs, but especially of our beloved Alaskan Huskies.

Dave learned that I was searching for an antique sled dog harness to recreate as park of my historical reenactment efforts. He had such a harness, and have most generously loaned it to me to examine.

HOLY SMOKES!!! This thing is AWESOME. The design is a little different than other specimens I've seen or read of, but it is perfect for the sorts of things I want to do with my historical sled dogs.

Dave, you're the best. Oh, and your dogs are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the pictures, too.

Swanny

No comments:

Post a Comment