Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Photos from Last R&R

I'm currently outside Georgetown, KY with a bit of time to myself. I packed up the flash card reader I was lacking while at my place of employment, so thought I might post a few photographs from the 2009 Alaska Memorial Weekend Rendezvous.

First, a view of "Downtown Fort Wick". This photo represents about 1/4th of the various tents, lean-tos, wikiups and other structures at the rendezvous.

Here is a shot of yours truly, catching up on the bookwork. Nor' West Company is both a reenactment "persona" and a modern, real-life business. Whether one lived in the 18th century, or lives in our modern twenty-first, the job isn't finished until the paper work has been done.


At the rendezvous I had my Nor' West Company trade goods set out inside the wall tent, and lived in a wedge (aka "A") tent pitched behind the store. Here is a photograph of some of the goods I offer for sale.


While at my place of employment I captured the image below. At first glance it may appear to be the Alaska State Bird. Actually, it is not a Boone and Crockett record book 'skeeter, it's a crane fly. Either way, she would make an impressive mount.

No comments:

Post a Comment