Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Stuck in Seattle

I was trying to fly home from my clinical rotation in Kentucky.  In Minneapolis we loaded the plane only for the pilots to discover a problem with their ancillary power unit (probably Alaska Airlines most common excuse).  They eventually got it corrected, but by the time they did all hope of catching my connecting flight to Fairbanks was gone with the wind. 

Now I'm stuck in a cheap hotel overnight, hoping to get home as a somewhat reasonable hour tomorrow.  It's going to cost me additional boarding fees for the dogs, and in danger of costing me my sanity.  One would think that with the money they charge for fares and "incidentals" (like checked baggage, food, &c) they could afford to competently maintain their stinkin' airplanes. 

Well, here's hoping things improve tomorrow.  I'm not sure my sanity will bear much more of this kind of crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment