Thursday, August 4, 2011

Home Again

I got off duty Tuesday, but have been a bit too busy to update my blog.  Tuesday was mostly playing "ketchup", as in "ketchup on the grocery shopping shopping (including ketchup), ketchup on the mail, ketchup on the kennel" and so forth.  Wednesday, my birthday, was even more busy.  I had to run into town to pickup the dozer blade that finally made it's way to Alaska from who-knows-where.  With the blade on the tractor, I was able to groom my driveway, consolidate the last remains of the fill dirt pile, and perhaps most importantly, consolidate and stir up the dog waste compost pile. 

After completing my kennel chores and making a nice chef's salad for supper, I headed up to Chena Hot Springs Resort for a nice soak in the springs.  I didn't get home until about 11, so slept in for a bit today, not stirring until the alarm went off at 6:00 am. 

Today I've mowed the weeds down in the dog yard, mowed what passes for grass in my front yard, varnished my canoe, wrote and mailed some checks to pay some bills and captured a pair of escapees.

While I was doing my evening kennel chores every dog in my yard suddenly "went off", barking and running and jumping and generally acting like maniacs.  The source of the uproar was a pair of Ted's four Siberian husky puppies, who had escaped from their pen and were playing run amok through his vegetable garden.  It took a while, but I was finally able to capture the little miscreants and coral them in a wire crate in his yard.  He and Clare are in town for the evening, but the pups will be safe enough until they return home. 

Meanwhile, I think I'm going to suggest names for pair.  I think they could be named "Houdini" (the mastermind of the escape) and "Whodunnit", the one who did the most damage in the garden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment