Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day shift is TUFF!!

I got off duty at 10:00, and was never so happy to be gone from work.  Day shift on my job has gone from being a reasonably laid-back, single-task type gig to a none-stop lesson in multi-tasking frustration.  On one busy day I decided to keep track, and in the course of five minutes I found myself performing 8 different tasks, most of them two and three simultaneously, and all of them without a stop. 

Add to that the fact that I only get a break away from my work space 1 out of every 3 days or so, and you can see that a 12 hour day is a LONG day indeed. 

None of that matters at the moment, though.  I was in town and had my grocery shopping finished by a quarter after 12, and was back at home by 1:00.  I got everything unloaded and unpacked in short order and took my time saying hello to the team.

Some fun stuff came in the mail while I was away, especially a new old book I've been trying to find literally for a couple of years.  I'm sure I'll write more about that later on.  For now, the dogs are fed and the kennel chores done, and I'm planning on heading over to The Lodge for a bite of supper and to catch up on all the local news, views and gossip. 

Swanny

No comments:

Post a Comment