Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mike Green

I had NO clue that Mike Green is nearly 70 years old until I was invited to his surprise birthday party at Two Rivers Lodge last night.  Mike and I have been friends for a very long time, we've spent time out in the woods hunting, mushing dogs, and just messing about.  For a very long time Mike boarded my dogs while I was away at work.  He and his wife, Kim, were among the many local friends who encouraged me to take up dog mushing after the death of my wife.

Although he's retired from dog mushing, Mike is still extremely active in the sport and is one of the primary people who maintain and groom our local trails.  NO ONE knows the trail system here so well as does Mike.

Kim outdid herself in putting the party together.  In such a small, close knit community keeping a secret is very difficult, yet someone we all managed to preserve the surprise. 

I certainly hope that I can be so well preserved when (and if) I reach the age of 70.

Mike Green at his 70th Birthday Party

No comments:

Post a Comment