Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Butt is Draggin'

Yep, my butt is draggin' in the mud tonight.  I started working on my renovation project at 9:00 this morning, and got the dogs fed and the yard scooped at 6:30.  It wasn't the dramatic thing like moving all those pens, but it was important stuff.  At least, it was important to me.  The dog yard is once again fully contained within a reasonably good perimeter fence.

The perimeter fence serves primarily to keep moose, bears and other potentially dangerous animals out of the dog yard.  It also serves a secondary function, keeping loose dogs contained here at home where they belong.  It gives them a nice, confined play yard in which they can play 'run amok' under supervision, keeping minds and bodies active during the 'off season' of summer.

Today's work included realigning the gate in the northeast corner of the yard, which leads to the cold compost pile where all that dog poop becomes mulch.  Then I had to put in a new gate and fencing in the northwest corner, which will allow easy access with the tractor for doing various chores that are needed in the yard. 

Here is a photo, taken from my deck overlooking the yard, showing the new configuration of the yard.

Overview of the Stardancer Historical Sled Dogs yard tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment