Friday, February 15, 2013

2013 Yukon Quest is now finished.

Dyan Bergen of Yellowknife, Yukon Territory crossed the finish line about 5:20 this evening, to earn the red lantern in this year's Yukon Quest.  The red lantern is traditionally awarded to the last musher to cross the finish, but does not represent "last place".  Through her perseverance, Ms. Bergen prevailed over 6 mushers who either scratched or were withdrawn from the race.  In my humble opinion, it is a considerable accomplishment.

As for me (sigh), I spent much of the afternoon chasing down attorneys in order to deal with some personal issues.  I found the right one, was able to see him before close of business, and am relieved to know that all of the ducks are sitting in a row and all of my bases are covered.

I'm off to feed the howling horde, and then I suspect I'll be early to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment