Tuesday, February 5, 2019

YQ Morning Report, Tue Feb 5.




GPS tracking devices on each musher's sled provides a near real-time overview of the race
Several mushers appear to be 'going for the gold' as their teams approach Dawson City this morning. Brent Sass is currently leading the race. He's about 40 miles from Dawson City. Allen Moore is only about 5 miles behind him, less than an hour away at typical long distance sled dog speeds.  Michelle Phillips, Hans Gatt and Denis Tremblay are all following Moore. There is only a 10-mile gap between Sass and Phillips.Meanwhile, Matt Hall, Ryne Olson and Paige Drobny are running closely together roughly an hour and change behind the lead pack.

I won't be able to watch the race and closely as I'd prefer today. Life happens, and in my case that includes a drive to town for a physical therapy session and some much needed grocery shopping. I'll look forward to catching up once I return to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment