Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Thoughts on Travel

As I write I am in Georgetown Kentucky, finishing up some work related travel and preparing to return home tomorrow. I have mixed feelings. I enjoy the company of some truly wonderful friends while I'm here, but I miss my friends at home, both human and canine. Thus, my departure is always bittersweet.

Last night I enjoyed some wonderful music. One of my close friends took me a taping of the Woodsongs Old Time Radio Hour. Featured artists were Grammy award winning Native American artist Bill Miller and a new artist, a man by the name of Andy McKee . Bill Miller is always awesome, and I have his newest CDs on order.

Andy McKee plays a very unusual fingerstyle guitar that is very percussive, and very interesting. If you enjoy acoustic music I'm sure you'll find Andy McKee's work fascinating.

Within a few days you should be able to download the January 29th taping of Woodsongs on line at http://www.woodsongs.com/showlist.asp

Look for show number 427.

No comments:

Post a Comment