Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tuckered Out


I got a reprieve from my normal duties yesterday. It was "training day", and I spent much of it operating the Tucker Snow Cat (pictured above). Since I drove it outbound (north), I can honestly say I was "Tuckered Out". My partner, Jim Titus was the driver for the return trip.

When depicted in motion pictures, these machines look like they are clipping right along, but in reality the darned thing is painfully slow. In fact, my dog team runs faster than the Tucker. On the other hand, my dog team doesn't have a heater nor nearly so much room. One could enjoy a pretty good sized party in the cab of the beast.

It was a pretty interesting diversion, and it's always nice to be able to add a new skill to one's official resume'.

Swanny

No comments:

Post a Comment