Friday, June 22, 2012

Progress Report

I've been keeping myself pretty busy the last few days.  I got off duty as scheduled Tuesday, did my grocery shopping, collected my mail, and mostly tried to get settled into my own home.  Wednesday I cleared brush and pulled a LOT of stumps, finishing up most of the prep work for the big kennel expansion project, which is my primary goal for this R&R.

It's not the only goal, though.  Yesterday Innoko went to Golden Heart Veterinary Service to be neutered.  While he was receiving his surgical education, I ran a bunch of errands, including previewing an auction I'm planning on attending tomorrow.  That took a while because it's a HUGE auction, though mostly they are selling a lot of junk.  Some of that is junk I'm interested in, though.  I'll let you know how I fare. 

In any event, after running around all over town I picked up Innoko, and he was acting like nothing in the world had happened.  He doesn't seem to understand why he has to be the house dog, but he LIKES it, except for the sleeping in the crate part.  He almost never uses his dog house outside, and I don't think he quite understands why he has to do so inside.

Today I started moving pens.  The goal is the put all of the pens possible into the trees to provide more play-room space in the kennel, and also to make room for a few more swivel posts for the dogs who live on tethers.  Here are 'before' and 'after' shots to show you what I accomplished today.

Looking east from the house at 7:00 a.m.


Looking east from the house at 4:00 p.m.

With temperatures in the 80s, it's felt brutally hot today, especially working out in the sun.  Nonetheless, Amazing Grace and Nels are now in the newly located pen, enjoying a bit more shade than was available before, and either Sunday or Monday I'll be able to move the next pen.  So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment