Friday, July 27, 2012

Back to Normal

I spent most of the day doing relatively small tasks associated with the big project of building the shed.  For example, I needed to realign the east kennel perimeter fence, installing an equipment / vehicle access gate at the same time.  I needed to move the dog yard tool shed, and I needed to tidy things up a bit around the shed to make the space useable. 

It took most of the day to accomplish those tasks, but in part because I got a late start.  I actually slept in until about 7:30 this morning, so didn't get started until around 10:00.  Here are some photographs that show the new layout pretty well.

Photographed from the deck, you can see that the new perimeter fence has both a large equipment gate, and a smaller 'manway' gate for easy access to the dog yard.

A view looking up the driveway shows the equipment gate and the fence tied into a corner of a small storage building tacked onto the side of the garage.




Although a bit of a tight fit, there is plenty of room to get the truck in and out of the dog yard.
 After kennel chores and my own supper I fired up the lawn mower and cut the yard.  That task has been neglected and, with company coming tomorrow evening, I really wanted the place to look like someone actually cares about it.  That's because I actually do care about it. 

Tomorrow I need to make yet another trip to town, to stock up on dog food, replace a garden hose that one of the dogs chewed up (my own fault) and pick up some incidentals.  With only three more days of R&R left, I'm looking forward to a somewhat less demanding and hopefully more restful schedule.

2 comments:

  1. What is the fencing behind the house that can be seen in the first photo? Your yards have certainly changed from what I remember from '09.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the isolation pen I installed on the western perimeter of the dog yard last year. The entire northern side is made up of similar chain-link pens, tucked back into the trees.

    ReplyDelete