Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Why Don't He Write?"

A few days ago a co-worker who follows this blog asked why I haven't posted lately.  I could only smile and say "it's because I'm here at the same place as you - and there isn't much that happens here that I can write about."  For the most part, because of my jobs as a security officer and as a medic, what happens here has to stay here.

One can only write so much about the weather before it grows old, though the weather has been heavy on my mind.  We haven't gotten much snow thus far, but we are getting plenty of cold.  The forecast doesn't look very promising for my upcoming R&R, either.  So far the long-term forecast doesn't indicate a single flake for next 10 days. 

I think I'm going to have to anticipate training dogs using the four-wheeler rather than a sled.  The good news is that it will get the job done, but it's not nearly so pleasant as running on runners.  Of course once we DO get some snow it certainly be a welcome cause for celebration.

In any event, I'll be getting off duty on Tuesday morning so by Wednesday I should be at least thinking about getting on the trails, at which point I'll have more to write about.  Until then, do something fun and hang in there.  The good times are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment