Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wishful Thinking - Real Disappointment




With a couple of inches of new snow, I was thinking that the trail from the house might be in good enough condition to take the team for a run today. In fact, I planned the whole day around doing so.

Before gathering up gear it occurred to me that it might be a good idea to ride the trail on the snowmachine before risking the dogs. It is probably a good thing that I did so. Although portions of the trail are in good shape, in very good, others are horrible. Apparently someone had a great deal of fun with a small SUV or oversized ATV. The result is some deep ruts frozen into the trail that are very likely to pitch me right off a sled. The dogs might enjoy it, but chasing a lost team down an ugly trail isn't high on my "good time" list.

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and accept the the dog sledding season really is over, and it is time to move into "break up" things.

Swanny

No comments:

Post a Comment