Sunday, July 12, 2009

Heatin' Up Again

According to the weather forecast we can expect "near record temperatures" tomorrow, with highs in the 90s F (+32 C). I doubt I'll get a lot done outdoors, but I plan to spend a lot of time in the yard doing what I can to help the dogs keep cool.

There are some folks in California who have a very clever way of helping their dogs stay cool, and have fun at the same time. Here's a vid.


Apparently the competition was yesterday (the 11th) and was quite a fun and successful fundraiser for the Orange County California SPCA.

Here at home, my pups are healing very nicely. I put Cassie (Cassiopeia) outside in one of the pens to hang out, while Capella has been hanging out on the trolley run just outside the front door. Besides caring for dogs, I did some weedwhacking and a bit of housework, but that's about it. It was too hot to do anything serious outside, and it looks like the rest of the week will be even warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment